Monday, June 1, 2009

Delivery...101

Tonight we had our first birth class at UMC.
We were nervous going in to the class..terrified out of our minds as we left.
Maybe that is the plan: Week 1, everything you need to know if this is your first... and last class.
We were hoping for a tour of the birth center and to meet our new BFFs.
BUT, after the lesbian and several high school looking couples walked in, those hopes faded fast.
Never the less, we now know the basics of birth and breathing techniques..."just imagine you are at the beach" (think that is probably much easier to practice in class than to perform while in labor)
24 weeks and counting....

2 comments:

The Greens said...

We never took the classes. We signed up for them to get the birthing room, but never went to the classes. I was too afraid it would make me more nervous. It really wasn't that bad even without the classes....but I walked into the maternity floor asking for the drugs....Demerol is a wonderful thing...I don't even remember getting my epidural because of the demerol. Next thing I knew, they were telling me to push and 2 hours later it was over and no pain what so ever. Rex said I didn't scream or hardly make a noise during delivery.

Lindsey said...

We forgot to talk about this tonight! I want to know more deets!